Senators, MPs and citizens react to Justin Trudeau's Senate bombshell
By Kady O'Malley, CBC News Posted: Jan 29, 2014 12:00 PM ET Last Updated: Jan 29, 2014 12:00 PM ET
- Chow's imminent exit from the Commons opens door for trio of June by-elections by Kady O'Malley Mar. 12, 2014 9:46 AM PM has until May 17th to order the writ be dropped in Ted Menzies' former riding of Macleod.
Top News Headlines
Latest Politics News Headlines
- Back to the future with Brian Mulroney and Jean-François Lisée Mar. 11, 2014 3:50 PM This week on The House, former Prime Minister Brian Mulroney compares the crisis in Ukraine to what he dealt with at the height of the cold war. Then, PQ cabinet minister Jean-François Lisée talks about when another referendum in Quebec might be held. Minister of State for Democratic Reform Pierre Poilievre defends the Fair Elections Act. And In House panellists Terry Milewski and Emmanuelle Latraverse weigh in on the week that was in Canadian politics.
- Liberal rules may clear path for star candidate Andrew Leslie
- South Korea deal benefits farmers more than consumers
- RCMP costs soared after Greenpeace Parliament protest
- Stephen Harper takes on Ford over South Korea trade deal
- For the PQ, the two-edged sword that is Pierre Karl Péladeau
- Stephen Harper touts South Korea deal benefits on B.C. visit
- Separatist ownership of community newspapers worries some mayors
- Patrick Brazeau, Mac Harb due in court next week
- Nunavut prison report censored for no reason, watchdog says