Peter MacKay's comments on Montreal massacre set off Twitter furor
Justice minister told the House 'we may never understand' why women were singled out by Marc Lepine
CBC News Posted: Dec 03, 2014 9:38 AM ET Last Updated: Dec 04, 2014 7:07 AM ET
Top News Headlines
- 'Disgusting behaviour' caught on video at Carl's Jr. restaurant
- Walmart teams up with Google to take on Amazon in fight for future of shopping
- Alberta police fear 4 homemade machine-guns may be on streets despite recent bust
- It was Canada's big prize: Is Chapter 19 still worth fighting for in new NAFTA?
PM Justin Trudeau outlines ideas to accelerate the processing time for asylum-seekers, while at the same time defending the integrity of the immigration system.
Conservative immigration critic Michelle Rempel says Justin Trudeau and his "Welcome to Canada" tweet are to blame for the current refugee crisis.
Latest Politics News Headlines
- Federal advertising 'blacklist' of websites includes far-right outlets
- How should Canadians respond to the alt-right?
- Trudeau says steps to tackle spike in asylum-seekers yielding 'positive results'
- As Ottawa mulls shorter election campaigns, here's how they would have changed history
- Niki Ashton rejects NDP leadership endorsement from man B'nai Brith calls a Holocaust denier