'Recharging the right': Conservatives headline Manning Centre conference
Conservatives - big C and small c ones - are gathered in Ottawa this weekend for the annual conference of the right-leaning Manning Centre.
Possible leadership contenders Kevin O'Leary and Michael Chong to speak Friday at 2 p.m.
Conservatives — big C and small c ones — are gathered in Ottawa this weekend for the annual conference of the right-leaning Manning Centre.
- O'Leary vows to be a 'nightmare for politicians' on economic policy
- Video At Issue: Could the Trump effect come to Canada?
- O'Leary's 'Trump-like' politics not welcome in Canada, Chong says
- O'Leary circling as key Conservatives test leadership waters
On Friday's agenda (all times ET):
- 9 a.m.: Opening keynote speech — 'Recharging the Right' — from the centre's founder, former Reform Party leader Preston Manning.
- 9:45 – 10:45 a.m.: Journalist panel: How does the conservative movement recharge? featuring Chantal Hébert, Anthony Furey, Paul Wells, and Mercedes Stephenson
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: 'Conservatives on Cannabis' panel discussion: Karen O'Keefe, Dr. Daniel Lindsay, Dr. Dean Vause
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.: The Importance of Political Training: Morton Blackwell
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.: 'If I Run, Here's How I'd Do it' (Part 1): Kevin O'Leary, Michael Chong
- 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.: 'Conservatives and the Media: Not a love story' panel discussion: Sara MacIntyre, Lydia Miljan, John Ibbitson
- 4:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.: 'Whither American Conservatives?': Michael Gerson