Jim Flaherty remembered at state funeral in Toronto
Canadians took to twitter to share their thoughts during service
CBC News Posted: Apr 16, 2014 1:14 PM ET Last Updated: Apr 16, 2014 6:02 PM ET
- Tory MPs attend 'important infrastructure events' in NB, SK and BC by Kady O'Malley Jul. 25, 2014 6:54 AM As the week winds to a close, so, too, does the ministerial good news circuit, it seems, with just two events deemed by the Prime Minister's Office to be sufficiently "notable" to make it into the advisory email sent nightly to reporters.
Top News Headlines
Latest Politics News Headlines
- Mike Duffy, suspended Senator, facing 31 charges Jul. 19, 2014 7:00 AM This week on The House, guest-host Rosemary Barton looks at the political implications of the 31 charges that have been laid against suspended Senator Mike Duffy. NDP Deputy Leader Megan Leslie and Liberal Foreign Affairs Critic Marc Garneau join us with their take on this latest chapter of the Senate scandal. We also get reactions from senior cabinet ministers Jason Kenney and James Moore.
- 'Preventing poverty' not a valid goal for tax purposes, CRA tells Oxfam Canada
- Canada levels new sanctions against Ukrainian rebel leaders, Russian firms
- Pipelines safer than trains for moving oil, Canadians believe
- RCMP sells sleek plane for half of asking price
- Hamas arsenal suggests 'apocalyptic' scenario: Israeli official
- Gun owners may face less red tape, new responsibilities under proposed law
- Mike Duffy's defence could put Harper on hot seat
- Mike Duffy has not acknowledged paternity of Karen Duffy
- Mike Duffy: Opposition balks at PMO resistance to Harper testifying