Jim Flaherty: MPs, Canadians react to news of his death
By Kady O'Malley, CBC News Posted: Apr 10, 2014 3:15 PM ET Last Updated: Apr 10, 2014 3:20 PM ET
- NDP bid to boost Speaker's powers to meet its fate tonight by Kady O'Malley Sep. 30, 2014 4:02 PM Also today: Newly anointed US Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson makes his first official trip to Canada.
Top News Headlines
Latest Politics News Headlines
- U.S. Ambassador wants Canada to contribute more to ISIS fight Sep. 27, 2014 2:01 PM This week on The House, the U.S. ambassador to Canada, Bruce Heyman, explains his country's objective to defeat ISIS and why he's hoping Canada will contribute more to the coalition's efforts.
- Justin Trudeau gets apology from Sun Media
- Bloc's drop in Quebec a big chance for NDP and Liberals, polls suggest
- Question period: 3 ways to encourage Speaker to clean it up
- Stephen Harper says ISIS mission proposal may include aerial combat
- Canada's ISIS mission: Cabinet to debate sending fighters, surveillance planes
- Russia upset over space conference visa denials
- Harper government missed deadline on jihadi tracking tool
- Homegrown terrorism remains biggest threat, Jeh Johnson says
- Free flight for EU leaders prompted by 'critical' event, Ed Fast says