Julian Fantino to CIDA, a defence side-gig for Bernard Valcourt ... and that's all he wrote. Kady O'Malley looks at how the twitterverse reacted to Wednesday's "shufflette."
How the Fantino-Valcourt 'shufflette' played on Twitter
By Kady O'Malley , CBC News Posted: Jul 05, 2012 12:52 PM ET Last Updated: Jul 05, 2012 3:13 PM ET
Top News Headlines
- A 'rare occurrence': Why more probes of nursing home deaths aren't necessarily needed
- Independents to become biggest bloc in Senate, but they're still '3rd class' senators
- Cyclist dove after vehicle after it plunges into Lake Ontario with at least 1 person inside
- Hiding in businesses overnight as YouTube stunt no laughing matter, police caution
The Government's Representative in the Senate, Peter Harder, says that the 9 new independent Senators that were named today show that the Senate needs to change it's archaic rules to keep up with the changing face of the red Chamber.
The Minister of Indigenous Affairs and Northern Development Carolyn Bennett says that the system needs to change now and the provinces and territories need to get on board.
Latest Politics News Headlines
- Trudeau names 9 new senators — with more to come
- Belgium reaches deal to back EU-Canada trade agreement
- Justin Trudeau protest marks 'turning point' for frustrated youth
- Global Affairs increases security after gift of $2,000 watch to Canada is stolen
- Beefing up CPP will hurt economy longer than disclosed: document