After spending the last year being seen, but never heard, the 2014 House of Commons pages mark the end of their stint in the Chamber by leading MPs in the weekly singing of O Canada.
House of Commons pages lead the weekly singing of O Canada
Early June ritual a parliamentary tradition
CBC News Posted: Jun 04, 2014 2:37 PM ET Last Updated: Jun 04, 2014 3:02 PM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Politics News Headlines
- 'Til next time? Peter MacKay not running in the next election May 30, 2015 2:01 PM This week on The House, Evan Solomon explores Peter MacKay's decision to leave politics with Treasury Board President Tony Clement and former PC Leader and Quebec Premier Jean Charest. Then, the former governor of the Bank of Canada, David Dodge, gives us his take on the federal government's surprise (but still vague) announcement that they're considering allowing voluntary contributions to the Canada Pension Plan.
- Ottawa gunman Michael Zehaf-Bibeau shot 31 times, police report to reveal
- Truth and Reconciliation chair urges Canada to adopt UN declaration on Indigenous Peoples
- Conservatives to back NDP push for ban on pay-to-pay bank fees
- Mike Duffy trial: Judge sides with defence on 2 issues
- Timing of Peter MacKay's departure politically damaging
- Car recall powers sought for transport minister in proposed law
- Residential schools findings point to 'cultural genocide,' commission chair says
- Legal battle over royal baby law hits Quebec court today
- Power & Politics' Ballot Box question: Truth & Reconciliation