Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau, Employment Minister Jason Kenney and Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne are just three of the speakers who took the stage at the Ottawa Convention Centre Thursday as Canada 2020, billed as "Canada's leading independent progressive think-tank," kicked off a two-day policy conference.
Read a recap of our liveblog of Thursday's speakers below.
Other keynote speakers scheduled to appear over the next two days:
- Jean-Marc-Fournier, MNA, Quebec minister of intergovernmental affairs.
- Hon. Jean Charest, PC, Partner, McCarthy Tetrault.
- Dr. Ian Bremmer, president and founder, Eurasia Group
- Joe Natale, president and CEO, Telus.
- R. H. David Miliband, International Rescue Committee.
The conference agenda also lists "special guests":
- Frank Graves, president, EKOS Research.
- Diana Carney, Canada 2020 Advisory Board.
- CBC’s At Issue and Insiders Panels.
- Hon. Anne McLellan, PC, Bennett Jones LLP
- Hon. Monte Solberg, PC, New West Public Affairs,
- Hon. John Manley, PC, Canadian Council of Chief Executives.
- Hon. Perrin Beatty, PC, Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
- Don Iveson, mayor of Edmonton.
- Jim Watson, mayor of Ottawa.
- Anne Johnson, Generation Progress.
- J. Robert S. Prichard, Metrolinx, BMO and Torys LLP.