Chief Jackie Thomas and of B.C.'s Saik’uz First Nation and the Yinka Dene Alliance, along with union representatives and environmentalists, held a press conference Tuesday to discuss their opposition to the proposed Northern Gateway pipeline.
First Nations, environmentalists oppose B.C. pipeline
CBC News Posted: Mar 13, 2012 10:01 AM ET Last Updated: Mar 13, 2012 12:40 PM ET
Top News Headlines
- Toronto and Durham police accused of conspiring to cover up off-duty officer's alleged beating of teen
- In confounding interview, Bannon says white nationalists 'are a collection of clowns'
- Francophone beats speeding ticket issued by non-bilingual officer
- Why loneliness can be as unhealthy as smoking 15 cigarettes a day
Latest Politics News Headlines
- Conservative leader's free speech pledge wouldn't apply in U of T nationalist rally case
- 'Fundamentally failed': U.S. vows major overhaul as NAFTA talks formally begin
- Canada united, America divided on NAFTA as negotiations begin
- Tension between The Rebel and conservatives erupts anew
- Canada's 10 NAFTA demands: A list of what Canada wants as talks start this week