Chief Jackie Thomas and of B.C.'s Saik’uz First Nation and the Yinka Dene Alliance, along with union representatives and environmentalists, held a press conference Tuesday to discuss their opposition to the proposed Northern Gateway pipeline.
First Nations, environmentalists oppose B.C. pipeline
CBC News Posted: Mar 13, 2012 10:01 AM ET Last Updated: Mar 13, 2012 12:40 PM ET
In the spotlight
Top News Headlines
- Blunders, PCs and sexiest MP: Nearly 20 years of memorable MacKay moments
- Woman recounts 'trip from hell' after Sunwing loses her custom wheelchair
- A self-destructing origami robot could one day enter and heal your body
- Sobbing diplomat mom vouches for son accused of murder at Miami shootout bail hearing
Latest Politics News Headlines
- 'Til next time? Peter MacKay not running in the next election May 30, 2015 2:01 PM This week on The House, Evan Solomon explores Peter MacKay's decision to leave politics with Treasury Board President Tony Clement and former PC Leader and Quebec Premier Jean Charest. Then, the former governor of the Bank of Canada, David Dodge, gives us his take on the federal government's surprise (but still vague) announcement that they're considering allowing voluntary contributions to the Canada Pension Plan.
- Peter MacKay cites 'love for my family' as he bows out of federal politics
- 'Tampon tax' will end July 1
- Peter MacKay: Nearly 20 years in the political spotlight
- 6,000 aboriginal children died in residential school system, report finds
- Michael Zehaf-Bibeau urges similar attacks in unreleased video: CP
- Kellie Leitch lends healing hand to Nepal earthquake victims
- Aboriginal communities help put names to faces of the past
- Brian Mulroney says economy, security record gives Harper election 'advantage'
- EI maternity leave unpopular among self-employed, 5 years on