Chief Jackie Thomas and of B.C.'s Saik’uz First Nation and the Yinka Dene Alliance, along with union representatives and environmentalists, held a press conference Tuesday to discuss their opposition to the proposed Northern Gateway pipeline.
First Nations, environmentalists oppose B.C. pipeline
CBC News Posted: Mar 13, 2012 10:01 AM ET Last Updated: Mar 13, 2012 12:40 PM ET
In the spotlight
Top News Headlines
Latest Politics News Headlines
- Steven Blaney discusses radicalization and anti-terrorism legislation Feb. 28, 2015 2:01 PM This week on The House, Public Safety Minister Steven Blaney answers some of the key criticisms of the government's anti-terrorism bill. Evan Solomon also puts the controversial legislation under the microscope with Craig Forcese, an associate professor in the University of Ottawa's law faculty.
- B.C. Conservative MP James Lunney tweets against evolution
- Mike Duffy trial to hear from former PMO insiders, Conservative MPs
- Bill C-51 power play may come back to haunt Conservative MPs
- Sex crime prevention program cut by Ottawa
- MP Cheryl Gallant's sex-ed curriculum comments condemned by Ontario Liberals
- Want to e-petition Ottawa for a Death Star? Now you'll need 500 names
- Mike Duffy trial timing seen as problem for Harper, Conservatives
- Harper government examines game-playing to motivate bureaucrats
- Mike Duffy's lawyer says no deal as trial preparation begins