Chief Jackie Thomas and of B.C.'s Saik’uz First Nation and the Yinka Dene Alliance, along with union representatives and environmentalists, held a press conference Tuesday to discuss their opposition to the proposed Northern Gateway pipeline.
First Nations, environmentalists oppose B.C. pipeline
CBC News Posted: Mar 13, 2012 10:01 AM ET Last Updated: Mar 13, 2012 12:40 PM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Politics News Headlines
- The Life and Legacy of Jim Flaherty Apr. 12, 2014 7:00 AM This week on The House, we remember the life and legacy of former Finance Minister Jim Flaherty with the Governor of Bank of England Mark Carney, the MP who tried to save Jim Flaherty's life Kellie Leitch, Official Opposition leader Thomas Mulcair, Transport Minister Lisa Raitt, and former Reform Party leader Preston Manning.
- Jim Flaherty hailed as a 'hero' by sons at state funeral
- Nigel Wright cleared, but questions won't end with investigation
- Heartbleed SIN breach suspect ID'd by RCMP
- Nigel Wright won't face charges over $90K payment to Mike Duffy
- Stephen Arthuro Solis-Reyes charged in Heartbleed-related SIN theft
- Elections Act changes drawing scrutiny from Conservatives
- Fair elections act: 7 things you may not know
- Jim Flaherty visitation held ahead of Wednesday's state funeral
- Rob Anders's riding rebuff the price of open nominations: Kady O'Malley