On Friday, the prime minister and Governor General and other dignitaries, military families and personnel were on Parliament Hill to mark the end of Canada's 12-year mission in Afghanistan during the first-ever National Day of Honour.
- Day of Honour for Afghanistan veterans kicked off with cannon fire
- National Day of Honour official program (pdf)
- Canada's casualties in Afghanistan
- Soldier On relay arrives in Ottawa
- Day of Honour masks disrespect to veterans, say CBCNews.ca readers
Read a full recap of the day's events here: