Compare federal party platforms and election promises
Find out where the main federal parties stand, on issues from the environment to balanced budgets
CBC News Posted: Oct 14, 2015 5:02 PM ET Last Updated: Oct 14, 2015 5:02 PM ET
Top News Headlines
The Government's Representative in the Senate, Peter Harder, says that the 9 new independent Senators that were named today show that the Senate needs to change it's archaic rules to keep up with the changing face of the red Chamber.
The Minister of Indigenous Affairs and Northern Development Carolyn Bennett says that the system needs to change now and the provinces and territories need to get on board.
Latest Politics News Headlines
- Trudeau names 9 new senators — with more to come
- Belgium reaches deal to back EU-Canada trade agreement
- Justin Trudeau protest marks 'turning point' for frustrated youth
- Global Affairs increases security after gift of $2,000 watch to Canada is stolen
- Liberals to introduce incentives to retrofit homes, rules for more net zero new homes