Recently in Pass Category
The surprising increase in NDP popularity makes this election harder than usual to predict. But there are three main scenarios that could play out after election day.
It is not uncommon in the thrust of partisan debate for facts to go astray. That's when Reality Check steps in.
Canada's political parties are on pace to nominate more women candidates than in recent elections.
Coalition governments rule in eight European countries, incuding Britain and Germany, as well as the more sprawling democracies such as India and Brazil. We start a list.
As the election campaign progresses, you will be hearing much about Canada's hard-hit seniors.
Have a claim from the campaign trail you want us to test?
Latest Election Headlines
- Record number of women elected
- There will be more female faces in the House of Commons following Monday's federal election that saw 76 women elected, the highest number of women ever. more »
- Layton defends inexperienced Quebec caucus
- NDP Leader Jack Layton defends his youngest, least-experienced caucus members after Quebec voters elect three McGill University students and a pub manager who doesn't speak French or live in the francophone riding she'll represent. more »
- Ignatieff quits as Liberal leader
- Michael Ignatieff is quitting as the Liberal leader after his party took an electoral drubbing on Monday night. more »
- Harper faces cabinet gaps
- With Parliament expected to return to work at the end of May, Prime Minister Stephen Harper will have openings to fill after losing several cabinet ministers on election night. more »
Contents of this module will loop when using Previous & Next buttonsPrevious Slide