Recently in Education Category
Think of the Liberal child-care plan as a kind of social infrastructure fund. The best provincial proposals get the money, but there is no guarantee on what it will be spent.
The Liberals' new Canadian Learning Passport offers $1,000 a year to every high school student who goes on to university or college. But that's not as much as it first appears.
Have a claim from the campaign trail you want us to test?
Latest Election Headlines
- Record number of women elected
- There will be more female faces in the House of Commons following Monday's federal election that saw 76 women elected, the highest number of women ever. more »
- Layton defends inexperienced Quebec caucus
- NDP Leader Jack Layton defends his youngest, least-experienced caucus members after Quebec voters elect three McGill University students and a pub manager who doesn't speak French or live in the francophone riding she'll represent. more »
- Ignatieff quits as Liberal leader
- Michael Ignatieff is quitting as the Liberal leader after his party took an electoral drubbing on Monday night. more »
- Harper faces cabinet gaps
- With Parliament expected to return to work at the end of May, Prime Minister Stephen Harper will have openings to fill after losing several cabinet ministers on election night. more »
Contents of this module will loop when using Previous & Next buttonsPrevious Slide