Conservatives gathered Monday night to mourn the passing of a key architect in their rise to power — and to brace for the toughest test Prime Minister Stephen Harper's government has faced since taking office on a promise to clean up politics in the national capital.
Prime Minister Stephen Harper will briefly address the Senate expense controversy Tuesday before heading to South America for four days of bilateral talks and trade meetings.
The NDP has asked the RCMP to launch an investigation into the $90,000 payment from the prime minister's former top aide, Nigel Wright, to Senator Mike Duffy in relation to the Senate expense scandal. video
- Can the Senate fire a senator?
- exclusive Canadian on EI shut out amid foreign worker influx video
- Harper chief of staff resigns amid Senate expense scandal video
- Reaction to Nigel Wright's resignation as PM's chief of staff
- Elijah Harper's daughter overwhelmed by condolences video
- Ads tout job grants program that doesn't yet exist
- Wright out over Duffy payback: Reaction from the Hill and beyond by Kady O'Malley May. 19, 2013 8:46 AM New chief of staff expected to be longtime Harper aide and current principal secretary Ray Novak
- Rob Walsh on Senator Mike Duffy, PM chief of staff Nigel Wright and that $90 K 'gift' by Kady O'Malley May. 18, 2013 10:00 PM 'In terms of the parliamentary culture ... this screams for some accountability.' former House law clerk tells CBC News
- Power & Politics' Ballot Box question by Rosemary Barton May. 17, 2013 3:47 PM Should Mike Duffy give up his Senate seat?
- PM gets set to jet off to Peru as questions mount over Duffy/Wright deal by Kady O'Malley May. 17, 2013 8:27 AM Also today: The NDP hosts a roundtable on changes at Library and Archives Canada
- Follow politics live on our Hill tickers by Kady O'Malley May. 17, 2013 5:00 AM Stay up to the minute with our daily liveblog from the Parliament Hill precinct and our other live events.