Royal wedding: Are you eagerly anticipating the wedding?
- February 14, 2011 1:33 PM |
- By POV
Prince William and Kate Middleton, shown at St. James Palace in central London on Nov. 16 when they announced their engagement, are marrying April 29 at Westminster Abbey. (Suzanne Plunkett/Reuters)
Prince Harry has been chosen as his brother's best man and Kate Middleton's sister Philippa will be her maid of honour at the British royal wedding on April 29.
Prince Charles's office made the announcement Monday, ending weeks of speculation.
Prince William and Middleton also named a number of bridesmaids and page boys for the nuptials at Westminster Abbey.
The bridesmaids include Lady Louise Windsor, 7, the daughter of the Earl and Countess of Wessex; Margarita Armstrong-Jones, 8, the daughter of Viscount and Viscountess Linley; Eliza Lopes, 3, daughter of Harry Lopes and Camilla Parker Bowles's daughter, Laura; and Grace van Cutsem, 3, a godchild of William's.
Page boys for the wedding will be William Lowther-Pinkerton, 10, the son of William's private secretary, and Tom Pettifer, 8, another of William's godchildren.
Officials said details about the bridesmaids' dresses and the page boys' uniforms will be made available on the wedding day.
Are you eagerly anticipating the royal wedding? Do you care about the royal wedding and if so, why? Let us know in the comments below.
(This survey is not scientific. It is based on readers' responses.)
All News blogs
Point of View
- Food allergies: Do you have any?
- By CBC NewsFood manufacturers have 18 months to adhere to tighter rules dealing with the labelling of food allergens, Health Canada announced Monday.The amended rules would target food allergens, gluten sources and sulphites, which will have to be explicitly identified... Continue reading this post
- Royal wedding: Are you eagerly anticipating the wedding?
- Prince William and Kate Middleton, shown at St. James Palace in central London on Nov. 16 when they announced their engagement, are marrying April 29 at Westminster Abbey. (Suzanne Plunkett/Reuters) Prince Harry has been chosen as his brother's best... Continue reading this post
- Immigration: Do you agree with the government's plan to reduce immigration?
- New figures indicate the federal government hopes to reduce overall immigration next year by five per cent, mainly by cutting back on family reunification visas.Figures from Citizenship and Immigration Canada show the government will issue about 11,000 visas this year... Continue reading this post