Food allergies: Do you have any?
- February 14, 2011 1:58 PM |
- By POV
By CBC News
Food manufacturers have 18 months to adhere to tighter rules dealing with the labelling of food allergens, Health Canada announced Monday.
The amended rules would target food allergens, gluten sources and sulphites, which will have to be explicitly identified on packaging.
Manufacturers will be required to list what type of allergens, gluten sources or sulphites are present in a product or in any of the ingredients used to make that product.
Do you have food allergies? What kind of information do you think is necessary to see on food labels? Let us know in the comments below.
(This survey is not scientific. It is based on readers' responses.)
All News blogs
Point of View
- Dogs: What's your favourite breed?
- Scottish deerhound Hickory won the best in show award at the 135th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in New York on Tuesday. (Mary Altaffer/Associated Press)The Westminster Kennel Club awarded its best in show title to a five-year-old Scottish deerhound named... Continue reading this post
- Chris Bosh returns: How do you see the former Toronto Raptor's legacy?
- Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh returns to Toronto to face his former team Wednesday. (Michael Conroy/Associated Press)Miami Heat all-star Chris Bosh returns to face his former team in Toronto for the first time Wednesday.The Toronto Raptors drafted Bosh in 2003... Continue reading this post
- Consumer debt: How much debt are you carrying on credit cards?
- Canadians' consumer debt increased in the final quarter of last year, but there was a surprising drop in the amount borrowed on credit cards, a credit analysis firm says. TransUnion said average total debt per Canadian consumer, excluding mortgages,... Continue reading this post