Spring election: Do you want one?
- January 24, 2011 12:07 PM |
- By POV
Conservative House leader John Baird says the government is preparing for the resumption of Parliament and denies his party is in "campaign mode."
Baird, speaking to reporters in Ottawa on Monday, also defended the government's latest round of corporate tax cuts -- which the Liberals and NDP say should be reversed in the upcoming budget.
Baird said the cuts are sustaining Canada's "fragile" economic recovery and creating jobs that the opposition parties are threatening with an "opportunistic and unnecessary" election.
Do you think a spring election is likely? Would you like to see an election? Take our survey and let us know in the comments section below.
(This is not a scientific survey. It is based on readers' responses)
All News blogs
Point of View
- Internet freedom: Should government have the ability to shut down the internet?
- The Egyptian government shut down access to the internet and the country's cellphone data network early Friday, according to media reports. Internet and cellphone data service was unavailable throughout the country, making it impossible for news of the protests... Continue reading this post
- Access to information: Does Canada need to be more open with data?
- By CBC NewsCanada lags behind most other countries when it comes to sharing data with its citizens, according to the chair of the standing committee on access to information.Charlottetown MP Shawn Murphy's committee has been looking into how other jurisdictions... Continue reading this post
- TTC bus driver: Do you often see your local drivers texting?
- The Toronto Sun on Thursday published a picture sent by a reader of a TTC bus driver driving while texting on a mobile device. (Toronto Sun)The Toronto Transit Commission is coming under fire after the emergence of a picture... Continue reading this post