PEI Pension Changes, Breast Cancer: Genetic Testing and Reconstruction
Posted: Oct 15, 2014 12:02 AM ET
PEI announces sweeping changes to government pensions - and the unions respond. A conversation about genetic testing for breast cancer, mastectomies, and reconstruction. Plus, two New Brunswickers describe their encounters with black bears.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to the National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Industrial explosion, fire in Sarnia, Ont., injures 5
- Ottawa shooting: The face-to-face encounter that ended the attack on Parliament
- Montreal Muslim says Ottawa, St-Jean-sur-Richelieu attacks "not in my name"
- Ottawa shooting: Parliament Hill now open to public
- Jaylen Fryberg reportedly targeted cousins in Washington school shooting
- Attempt begins to recover military plane nearly 74 years after lake crash
- Iran hangs woman for killing alleged rapist
- Ottawa shooting: Zehaf-Bibeau used junk mail as temp licence plate
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo: Outpouring of emotion as 'Canada's son' comes home
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo's family: 'He belonged to all of us'