Michael Hlinka on the economics of the World Cup
Posted: Jun 16, 2014 9:53 AM ET
Do massive events like the World Cup have a negative effect on the economy?
Top News Headlines
A hippo lies stranded on the street after jumping out of a moving vehicle, breaking its leg and tooth
It's been 10 years since the Boxing Day tsunami roared through the Indian Ocean. Now, Adrienne Arsenault reconnects with a girl from Sri Lanka she met there in the days following the disaster.
A Moscow shopping mall uses U.S. flag doormats for customers to wipe their feet in a show of defiance against American policies towards Russia
- Rafael Ramos, slain NYC police officer, honoured with huge funeral
- Teen dies after being hit by car driven by off-duty Abbotsford officer
- Ottawa couple's son stranded in India after immigration application error
- Son pays off parents' mortgage for Christmas
- Vatican forever bars woman who bared breasts
- Black Ivory Coffee: Canadian’s elephant poop coffee makes a pricey cup of Joe
- Ottawa's Tanger Outlets shooting believed to be gang 'infighting'
- Profanity, tailgating road rage caught on Richmond dash cam
- TTC streetcar, bus head-on collision injures 4
- Dalhousie dentistry scandal: Should free speech protect students from punishment?