Liquor store privitization 20 years on
Posted: Aug 29, 2014 12:01 AM ET
We ask the question, are we better off buying booze from a private store?
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
The body of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo arrives back in Hamilton, Ont.
The body of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, killed during Wednesday's shootings in the nation's capital, was transported in a procession along the Highway of Heroes from Ottawa to Hamilton. At the same time, a ceremony in Ottawa marked the return of ceremonial guards at the National War Memorial.
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo: Outpouring of emotion as 'Canada's son' comes home
- Jian Ghomeshi, host of Q, off the air to deal with 'personal issues'
- Washington school shooting: 2 dead, including lone gunman
- Michael Zehaf-Bibeau was asked to leave Burnaby, B.C., mosque
- Ottawa shooting: MPs and Hill staff struggle with emotions
- Another Canadian jihadi slips through the cracks
- Rosie O'Donnell's remarks on Ottawa shooting draw criticism online
- Ottawa shooting: Where did Michael Zehaf-Bibeau get his gun?
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo's killer approached from behind, fired twice
- Town rallies around vandalized Cold Lake Mosque