Leckey on SCC ruling on Senate reform
Posted: Apr 25, 2014 4:49 PM ET
McGill's Robert Leckey explains the top court's ruling and why it says Ottawa can't abolish the Senate without the provinces' support.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- B.C. teachers' strike: parents scramble for daycare spaces
- Jennifer Lawrence among celebrity victims in leak of nude photos
- Leadership candidate Thomas Lukaszuk flew daughter on government planes
- B.C. teachers' strike: Premier's tweets blaming teachers add fuel to fire
- B.C. teacher's strike: $40-a-day parent pay registration opens
- B.C. teachers' strike: No school year start Tuesday
- Devin Scullion defies odds at 18 with aging disease progeria
- Tomasz Gladkowski, 39, dies trying to rescue drowning son from Lake Huron
- Canadians expose foreign worker 'mess' in oilsands
- Stephen Harper takes big words, small stick to NATO summit