Jacques Parizeau enters the values charter fray
Posted: Oct 03, 2013 2:32 PM ET
The former PQ premier says the charter goes too far; he also clarifies his 1995 referendum night speech when he blamed money and ethnic voters.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Canadian fighter jets intercept Russian bombers in Arctic
- Scotland vote just the start of a rough ride for U.K.
- Polls suggest Liberals poised for government, despite late PC gains
- Turkey says 49 hostages seized by ISIS have been freed
- Why chimps kill other chimps — U.S. study uncovers main reason
- World's largest beaver dam explored by Rob Mark
- First Nation girl refuses chemotherapy, may be forced back into treatment
- Jean Chrétien gave U.K. government advice ahead of Scotland referendum
- Canadian home ownership more costly than thought, BMO report says
- White House evacuated after man jumps fence, rushes executive mansion