Is cooking dead?
Posted: Sep 17, 2014 12:01 AM ET
Joyce Slater is a professor of human nutritional sciences at the University of Manitoba and she says that less than half of Manitoba's students take home economics and are missing out on developing fundamental skills.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to the National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Canadian shot by U.S. border guards at Ambassador Bridge
- Man arrested after girl, 6, found beaten on Paul First Nation
- Suspect arrested after toddler left at Surrey bus stop
- P.K. Subban blackface in Théâtre du Rideau Vert play deemed offensive by some
- Ismaaiyl Brinsley, NYC police shooter, had troubled past, criminal record
- Nutrition North food subsidy program: What went wrong
- SaskPower worker electrocuted on high-voltage line near Wakaw, Sask.
- Chrisma Ann Joy Denny found safe, will return to Nova Scotia
- German house sparkles with over 400,000 Christmas lights
- Christmas weather could be wet, windy in Ontario, Quebec, Maritimes