Interview with free-speech lawyer Doug Christie
Posted: Feb 24, 2015 12:01 AM ET
Doug Christie has made a career of defending people many find indefensible; including racists, Nazis and Holocaust-deniers. For decades, Mr. Christie has represented people like Ernst Zundel and Jim Keegstra, on the grounds of freedom of expression. But he won't be able to for much longer. Mr. Christie has advanced liver cancer. And he fears that no other lawyer is willing to fill the void he'll leave behind.
Top News Headlines
- Canada Revenue Agency error gives 5 more days to file taxes
- Netflix and HBO border-hopping: is anyone getting caught?
- AlarmForce service falls short of TV ad expectations, Edmonton couple says
- Baltimore riots: Troops fan out to maintain order, week-long curfew begins
- Lethbridge police investigating 3 suspicious deaths
- Police pull over van missing doors, windows and plates
- 'Typical' family in federal budget not so typical: critics
- $50M Lotto Max mystery deepens as BCLC tries to verify winner
- Harley Lawrence's murderers, Kyle Fredericks and Daniel Surette, to be sentenced
- Surging NDP changes contours of Alberta race