Interview with free-speech lawyer Doug Christie
Posted: Jun 13, 2014 7:40 AM ET
Doug Christie has made a career of defending people many find indefensible; including racists, Nazis and Holocaust-deniers. For decades, Mr. Christie has represented people like Ernst Zundel and Jim Keegstra, on the grounds of freedom of expression. But he won't be able to for much longer. Mr. Christie has advanced liver cancer. And he fears that no other lawyer is willing to fill the void he'll leave behind.
Top News Headlines
- Travis Vader arrested as murder charges reactivated in McCann case
- Sony defends cancelling The Interview release after Obama says studio 'made a mistake'
- Free weight-loss program helps Moose Jaw residents lose 2,500 lb.
- Dalhousie dentistry Facebook posts prompt rally at school
- Pacific storm forecasted for this weekend in B.C., may impact holiday travellers
- Wristbands supporting Const. Jordan MacWilliams raise controversy
- Jack Daniel's Christmas hologram ad sends Hamiltonian home to Australia
- Grocery stores remove pop case displays after complaint to WSCC
- Edmonton abduction: 3 missing boys found
- Stephen Harper's comments on missing, murdered aboriginal women show 'lack of respect'