Interview with free-speech lawyer Doug Christie
Posted: Feb 24, 2015 12:01 AM ET
Doug Christie has made a career of defending people many find indefensible; including racists, Nazis and Holocaust-deniers. For decades, Mr. Christie has represented people like Ernst Zundel and Jim Keegstra, on the grounds of freedom of expression. But he won't be able to for much longer. Mr. Christie has advanced liver cancer. And he fears that no other lawyer is willing to fill the void he'll leave behind.
Top News Headlines
- Germanwings Flight 4U9525 co-pilot Andreas Lubitz deliberately crashed jet: prosecutor
- Alberta budget delivers tax increases for 1st time in years
- Andreas Lubitz, Germanwings Flight 4U9525 co-pilot, called '100% fit to fly'
- Alberta Budget 2015: 5 things you need to know
- New York City building burns after explosion, partial collapse
- Strathcona sexual assault victim in hospital, man arrested
- Germanwings Flight 4U9525: Canadian airlines told to have 2 people in the cockpit
- Atlantic Van Lines customer pays mover 'under protest'
- Alberta camel-hunting site points to mysterious prehistoric people
- Bill Browder's nasty glimpse into the black heart of Putin's Russia