Interview with free-speech lawyer Doug Christie
Posted: Jun 13, 2014 7:40 AM ET
Doug Christie has made a career of defending people many find indefensible; including racists, Nazis and Holocaust-deniers. For decades, Mr. Christie has represented people like Ernst Zundel and Jim Keegstra, on the grounds of freedom of expression. But he won't be able to for much longer. Mr. Christie has advanced liver cancer. And he fears that no other lawyer is willing to fill the void he'll leave behind.
Top News Headlines
Canadian Kevin Tardif was charged with indecent exposure for running naked across the field during a college football game between Old Dominion and Middle Tennessee
Ivan Trifonov, 70, makes a record descent in a hot air balloon to the bottom of a 200-metre-deep cave in the Velebit Mountains in southern Croatia
- 1st Ebola case diagnosed in U.S. confirmed by CDC
- Windows 10 unveiled by Microsoft
- Fatal streetcar collision at St. Clair and Keele
- RCMP decision to drop fur hats over animal-rights concerns overruled by Tories
- Canadian Blood Services urges donations as supply 'critically low'
- Target baby PJs say boys are heroes, girls can date them
- Checked-bag fees may heighten carry-on chaos
- Amal Alamuddin's wedding gown revealed after George Clooney nuptials
- Look around, ISIS's acolytes are just apprentices at atrocity
- Lower wireless prices lead to worse service, Telus tells CRTC