As It Happens Joseph Boyden says APTN report likening his story to Ojibway healer's 'feels like an attack'
The Indian and Metis Friendship Centre is at risk of closing its doors after 59 years in the North End. Its funding was suspended on Jan. 31 by the Manitoba Association of Friendship Centres, which distributes both provincial and federal funding. More
Four prime ministers have struggled to improve education in Indigenous communities. The Mi’kmaw have a possible model for the rest of Canada. What's the key to creating the best education for First Nations? More
- Making music video with teens in Indigenous communities helps plant 'seed of confidence'
- What Indigenous restorative justice processes look like in Sask.
- Review into Hugh Papik's death calls for cultural training for health care workers
- Vital Indigenous voices missing in debate over Canada's grasslands, says Cree hunter
- Hay River Reserve reviving its fire department after years of inactivity
- from CBC News New Indigenous translations reveal thorny history of B.C. land treaties
- Community mourns 'well-loved' woman found frozen near Shamattawa
- 'What a huge celebration': Indigenous graduation rates improving in Regina
- What's JB the First Lady reading?
- Mandatory Indigenous curriculum part of N.B.'s 10-year education plan
- Proud to be Métis: a rhythmic journey played out in David Bouchard's book
- Capote making workshop revisits history, resourcefulness and reclaims culture
- Audio Sudbury tries to win 2021 Canada Games with 'northern hospitality' read comments audio
- Opinion Canada's 150-year celebration doesn't fly here
Mi’kmaq leaders and Nova Scotia officials face off in a friendly game for Heritage Day
Jay Odjick is sharing illustrations with Algonquin words on Twitter to help revitalize the language
University of Lethbridge grad Julian SpearChief-Morris is in his second year of law school at Harvard
Standing Rock in photos
Most Viewed in the Past 7 Days
- Dr. Evan Adams garners national award for work in indigenous health
- Dark history of Canada's First Nations pass system uncovered in documentary
- Canada's 150-year celebration doesn't fly here
- Ottawa's northern representative proposes 'Indigenous protected areas' for Arctic
- Joseph Boyden, just do good