A new report from a group of scientists suggests an old chemical plant in Dryden, Ont. is still leaking mercury and contaminating the Wabigoon-English River system upstream from the Grassy Narrows First Nation in northwestern Ontario. More
A large number of Indigenous children from Labrador are being fostered in Newfoundland. There are economic and social benefits to this, but it doesn't solve the underlying problem, writes Terry Roberts. More
As It Happens 'This feels like an attack': Joseph Boyden responds to report questioning short story's originality
- Indian and Metis Friendship Centre loses funding, lays off staff video
- Special What is the key to creating the best education for First Nation communities?
- Making music video with teens in Indigenous communities helps plant 'seed of confidence'
- What Indigenous restorative justice processes look like in Sask.
- Review into Hugh Papik's death calls for cultural training for health care workers
- Vital Indigenous voices missing in debate over Canada's grasslands, says Cree hunter
- Hay River Reserve reviving its fire department after years of inactivity
- from CBC News New Indigenous translations reveal thorny history of B.C. land treaties
- Community mourns 'well-loved' woman found frozen near Shamattawa
- 'What a huge celebration': Indigenous graduation rates improving in Regina
- What's JB the First Lady reading?
- Mandatory Indigenous curriculum part of N.B.'s 10-year education plan
- Proud to be Métis: a rhythmic journey played out in David Bouchard's book
- Capote making workshop revisits history, resourcefulness and reclaims culture
Mi’kmaq leaders and Nova Scotia officials face off in a friendly game for Heritage Day
Jay Odjick is sharing illustrations with Algonquin words on Twitter to help revitalize the language
University of Lethbridge grad Julian SpearChief-Morris is in his second year of law school at Harvard
Standing Rock in photos
Most Viewed in the Past 7 Days
- Dr. Evan Adams garners national award for work in indigenous health
- Dark history of Canada's First Nations pass system uncovered in documentary
- Canada's 150-year celebration doesn't fly here
- 21 things you may not know about the Indian Act
- Ottawa's northern representative proposes 'Indigenous protected areas' for Arctic