India's election and the rise of Hindu nationalism
Posted: Apr 23, 2014 9:52 AM ET
Polls project Narendra Modi will become India's next Prime Minister. Modi is a Hindu nationalist, and his party, the BJP, is non-secular. Journalist Zahir Janmohamed says Modi's victory would embolden a divisive agenda in the country.
Top News Headlines
Thousands of foreign visitors to the resort town of Cabo San Lucas are airlifted to safety in the wake of hurricane Odile
- ISIS-inspired beheading plot foiled in Australia's biggest counterterrorism raids
- Air Canada adds $25 checked bag fee for economy travel
- Scotland independence referendum: If Yes side wins, what happens next?
- Nathan O’Brien murder case: Douglas Garland appearance draws gasps in courtroom
- Scotland independence referendum: Voters line up to decide fate of U.K.
- Rare muskox spotted in northern Manitoba raises hopes for its return
- Scotland referendum: Independence forces likely victors, no matter the vote
- Alex Hennessy captures own armed holdup on GoPro camera
- Rob Ford's cancer diagnosis: Will the mayoral candidates soften their attacks?
- Cancer sends shockwaves far beyond the patient: Nikhil Joshi