India's election and the rise of Hindu nationalism
Posted: Apr 23, 2014 9:52 AM ET
Polls project Narendra Modi will become India's next Prime Minister. Modi is a Hindu nationalist, and his party, the BJP, is non-secular. Journalist Zahir Janmohamed says Modi's victory would embolden a divisive agenda in the country.
Top News Headlines
- Jian Ghomeshi allegedly attacked actress Lucy DeCoutere on 2003 date
- Liquor store shelf collapse in Whitehorse spills $50K — mostly fine scotch
- Income-splitting changes coming from Tories
- Ottawa shooting: Stephen Harper tells MPs he's sorry he left during attack
- Maine Nurse Kaci Hickox defies Ebola quarantine again
- Amelia Earhart mystery: Metal found on Pacific island from aviator's plane, group says
- Doug Ford's PC leadership ambitions leave Tories split
- Jordin Tootoo opens up about his life: 'Not just a hockey book'
- Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out and reveals he's gay
- Hawk, Calgary police dog, to help child witnesses in sex abuse case