India's election and the rise of Hindu nationalism
Posted: Apr 23, 2014 9:52 AM ET
Polls project Narendra Modi will become India's next Prime Minister. Modi is a Hindu nationalist, and his party, the BJP, is non-secular. Journalist Zahir Janmohamed says Modi's victory would embolden a divisive agenda in the country.
Top News Headlines
- Ottawa shooting: Cpl. Nathan Cirillo's body en route to Hamilton
- Stephen Harper arrives as Ceremonial guard reinstated at War Memorial
- Sedentary living is the 'new smoking' and we're paying for it, study says
- Michael Zehaf-Bibeau's Burnaby, B.C., mosque gives statement
- Ottawa shooting: Harper government wants to make terror arrests easier
- Ottawa shooting: Michael Zehaf-Bibeau wanted Libyan passport
- Ottawa shooting: Where did Michael Zehaf-Bibeau get his gun?
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo's escort out of Ottawa begins
- Should the West stop intervening in the Middle East?
- Ebola outbreak: NYC patient talks with relatives