India's election and the rise of Hindu nationalism
Posted: Apr 23, 2014 9:52 AM ET
Polls project Narendra Modi will become India's next Prime Minister. Modi is a Hindu nationalist, and his party, the BJP, is non-secular. Journalist Zahir Janmohamed says Modi's victory would embolden a divisive agenda in the country.
Top News Headlines
Artist bends the mind by changing people's faces with three-dimensional visual projection system
- B.C. tour bus crashes on Coquihalla Highway, 43 injured, 5 critically
- Is mapping the North Pole seabed worth the time and money?
- Gregory and Collin Gordon, Calgary brothers, join ranks of Canadians fighting for ISIS
- Regulator battles telecom companies over 'pay-to-pay' billing fees
- Inuit were not the first people to settle in the Arctic
- Canada's premiers pose like it's 1864 in Charlottetown
- Calgary man fights off coyote in living room with vacuum
- Elderly woman struck and killed in west Edmonton
- Disturbing trend in debate on inquiry into missing, murdered aboriginal women
- Experimental aircraft crashes near Brantford airport