How The Polar Bear Got Its Coat
Posted: Feb 01, 2012 7:55 PM ET
In 2004 a rare polar bear fossil was found in Norway. It was comprised of part of a jaw-bone and one tooth, but it has been a treasure-trove of information for Dr. Charlotte Lindqvist.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- B.C. pedestrian caught on camera being struck by car raises safety concerns
- Kyle Sinclair, Canadian soldier, dies in Petawawa incident
- Man dies after being shot by Vancouver police
- Government, military send mixed messages on Canadians joining Kurds in ISIS fight
- Buffalo snow 2014: Flooding feared as weather warms
- Should Mexico still be considered a 'safe country'?
- Nepal avalanche: Insurance company won't pay for airlift
- Kinder Morgan protests: More protesters arrested as test drilling starts
- Jim Prentice says Alberta 'forgot some simple truths' on energy industry
- Rob Nicholson calls on Russia to leave Ukraine