How The Polar Bear Got Its Coat
Posted: Feb 01, 2012 7:55 PM ET
In 2004 a rare polar bear fossil was found in Norway. It was comprised of part of a jaw-bone and one tooth, but it has been a treasure-trove of information for Dr. Charlotte Lindqvist.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Negative online reviews can lead to threats of legal action from targeted businesses
- Justin Trudeau: 7 surprising revelations from his memoir
- Rob Ford asked to leave Ward 17 advance voting station
- Yukon woman killed in bear attack
- How foreign online streaming will upset the Bell and Rogers apple carts
- Could Ebola rank among the deadliest communicable diseases?
- FinTRAC, Canadian financial intelligence agency, tracks funds to ISIS
- Lynn Gehl challenges Indian status denial in Ontario court
- Sweden hunts for submarine intruding in its waters
- Day in the Life: A thank you note to Nova Scotia