The graphs below were formulated by the CBC from the research report Sex ratios among Canadian liveborn infants of mothers from different countries published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal. Each blue bar shows the ratio of male births to female births for the corresponding country, according to the placement within the family birth order. The study was based on 766,688 live single births in Ontario between 2002 and 2007.
Graphs showing male birth ratios in Ontario
CBC News Posted: Apr 16, 2012 12:47 PM ET Last Updated: Apr 16, 2012 12:59 PM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Health News Headlines
- Breastfeeding past 2 years linked to infant tooth decay
- Blood donor payments to be outlawed in Ontario
- These Canadian hospitals earned top grade in CBC report card
- Blood test offers swifter, safer diagnosis of sport brain injury
- Crohn's bacterial ecosystem identified
- Grapefruit juice interaction with drugs can be deadly
- How 'toxic' is sugar?
- Sitting time linked to disability regardless of physical activity
- Kids need to offset 'screen time' with 'nature time'
- Social media affecting teens' concepts of friendship, intimacy