New health legislation tabled in Parliament today would give the government more power to recall unsafe products and impose fines of up to $5 million a day for leaving unsafe products on shelves. More audio
Researchers cast doubt on the prevailing wisdom that vitamin D supplements can prevent conditions like cancer, diabetes and heart disease, saying on Friday low vitamin D may be a consequence, not a cause, of ill health. More
A family on a healthy diet can expect to pay $2,000 more a year for food than one having less nutritious meals, say researchers who recommend that the cost gap be closed. More
END OF LIFE
Majority of doctors do not want to take part in euthanasia
Parents don't need to wait to let babies try potential food allergens
DR. BRIAN GOLDMAN
An equal opportunity speciality
Safety and effectiveness of influenza vaccines
Doctors being asked to prescribe cannabis without rigorous testing
Lag in quitting smoking may explain gender gap in lung cancer death rates
Measuring surgeon's skills in a way that's helpful to doctors, patients
Only a tiny fraction of medical errors are reported
- Healthy eating adds $2K a year to family grocery bill
- Extra vitamin D to prevent disease doubted in review
- How 'toxic' is sugar?
- Dementia epidemic looms by 2050
- Grapefruit juice interaction with drugs can be deadly
- Crack cocaine: How addictive is it?
- Krokodil hype: Is toxic 'flesh-eating' street drug in Canada?
- 6 flu vaccine myths answered
- Babies can try allergy-provoking foods as early as 6 months
- Docs offside on physician-assisted suicide