Guelph officer handles violent teen without gun or Taser
Posted: Sep 16, 2014 12:01 AM ET
Guelph Police Chief Bryan Larkin is proud of the way an officer handled a 14-year-old who police say was using broken glass to harm himself and threaten police. Though armed with a gun and Taser the officer subdued the teen physically.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Checked-bag fees may heighten carry-on chaos
- Michael Wekerle's Porsche 918 Spyder burns at Caledon gas station
- Look around, ISIS's acolytes are just apprentices at atrocity
- CRTC to Netflix: Since you won't co-operate, we'll ignore you
- Justin Trudeau gets apology from Sun Media
- Tracy Morgan partly to blame for crash injuries: Wal-Mart court filing
- Apartment hunters targeted by Gander rental scam
- Ebola virus in Liberia creates body recovery dangers
- Luka Magnotta case: The challenges of a 'not criminally responsible' defence
- Soldier Neil Dodsworth launches class action over home sale losses