Guelph officer handles violent teen without gun or Taser
Posted: Sep 16, 2014 12:01 AM ET
Guelph Police Chief Bryan Larkin is proud of the way an officer handled a 14-year-old who police say was using broken glass to harm himself and threaten police. Though armed with a gun and Taser the officer subdued the teen physically.
Top News Headlines
- Ottawa shooting: The face-to-face encounter that ended the attack on Parliament
- Montreal Muslim says Ottawa, St-Jean-sur-Richelieu attacks "not in my name"
- Kelowna Airport: man in custody after Edmonton-Kelowna-Calgary flight threatened
- Industrial explosion, fire in Sarnia, Ont., injures 5
- Jaylen Fryberg was confronted by 1st-year teacher during Washington school shooting
- Ottawa shooting: RCMP takes over investigation, OPP to probe police conduct
- Ottawa shooting: Parliament Hill now open to public
- Attempt begins to recover military plane nearly 74 years after lake crash
- Iran hangs woman for killing alleged rapist
- Unmanned SpaceX cargo craft splashes down in Pacific Ocean