Gerry Ritz on Food Packaging Deregulation
Posted: Nov 13, 2013 12:04 AM ET
From farmers to food processing companies as big as Heinz, there's growing concern about the federal government's changes to the rules about food packaging. We spoke to Gerry Ritz, Canada's Minister of Agriculture.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Stephen Harper takes aim at terror, opposition gets dinged
- Fracking linked to 4.4 magnitude quake in Fox Creek
- Mother, child swept away in Puntledge River near Courtenay, B.C
- FCC's new broadband internet target leaves Canada behind
- Medical marijuana easily 'dispensed' in Vancouver
- Tony Merchant's law firm files lawsuit against Ottawa following $25M claim
- Serial bank robber suspect arrested in Grande Prairie, Alta.
- Barclays downgrades 4 Canadian banks: BMO, Laurentian, RBC, TD
- Ian Sibbald, B.C. doctor, refused care to councillors over recreation fee increase
- Daredevil Will Gadd climbs Niagara's Horseshoe Falls ice wall