Fighting for worker safety in Bangladesh
Posted: Nov 24, 2014 12:07 AM ET
Months since the collapse of a garment factory in Bangladesh, Kalpona Akter, the executive director of the Bangladesh Center for Worker Solidarity speaks to host Rick Cluff.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Jian Ghomeshi to plead not guilty to sex assault, choking charges
- Grocery stores caught cheating on packaging dates of meat and poultry
- 'Brutal' wedding ceremony ruined by United National Church minister
- Quebec helicopter jailbreak surveillance video released by court
- Tamir Rice shooting: Officer shot 12-year-old boy within 2 seconds
- Australian Phil Hughes dead from cricket match injury
- Peter Goldring retracts statement advising MPs to wear body cameras
- Kinder Morgan protest arrests may be illegal says BCCLA
- Woman, months-old baby asked to get off OC Transpo bus
- Indigenous video game designer takes stand against Custer's Revenge