Explaining The Iraq War
Posted: Aug 26, 2014 12:01 AM ET
Stephanie talks with award-winning political scientist Frank Harvey, about lessons from the war in Iraq, and what they can tell us about the crisis in Syria.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- AirAsia Flight QZ8501 loses contact with air traffic control
- Daughter shocked over Christmas meal served at father's nursing home
- RCMP investigate double homicide in Anahim Lake, B.C.
- Ottawa couple's son stranded in India after immigration application error
- Rafael Ramos, slain NYC police officer, honoured with huge funeral
- Marcus Larabie, 14, killed by car driven by off-duty Abbotsford officer
- TTC streetcar hits bus head-on, 4 injured
- Sony PlayStation network down for 3rd straight day
- Son pays off parents' mortgage for Christmas
- Highway 1 near Revelstoke closed in both directions