Céline Dion cancels 3rd Las Vegas show as throat inflammation persists
'It took everything out of me,' singer says of Friday's difficult performance
Céline Dion says she is "truly sorry" for cancelling another Las Vegas concert as she continues to battle throat inflammation.
The Quebec singer posted on Facebook that after struggling to get through her show on Friday, her doctors told her she "absolutely" could not perform as scheduled the following night.
It's the third concert Dion cancelled this month due to illness.
She missed both the previous Saturday show and Tuesday's performance at the Colosseum because she was "recovering from inflammation of the throat."
Last week, the singer also held a press conference to announce she's embarking on a tour of Asia this summer.
The run of shows comes after Dion cancelled her 2014 tour in the region to care for her husband René Angélil, who died two years ago of cancer.
'Decision is not made lightly'
On Saturday, she apologized to fans for the recent string of cancellations.
"Cancelling a show is the hardest thing I have to do, especially when I know that so many people have travelled far to see me in Las Vegas," she wrote.
"This decision is not made lightly. When I'm not well, I always try to push through and I do everything I can to do my show. I really struggled to finish [Friday] night's show and it took everything out of me."