Posted: Apr 30, 2014 8:27 PM ET
Psychiatrist and medical director for Child and Youth Mental health for Vancouver Dr. Shimi Kang talks about her parenting style she calls "the dolphin way".
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
A man in his 30s was shot by police in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Que., Monday after he allegedly hit two members of the Canadian Forces with his car and led police on a chase
Nepal wrapped up rescue operations in its northern mountains Monday, saying all the surviving hikers believed to have been stranded on a trekking route are now safe. Thirty-nine people died, including 4 Canadians, in blizzards and avalanches in the Himalayas last week
- Soldier struck by Martin Rouleau in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Que., hit and run dies
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to 5 years in jail for girlfriend's death
- World's scientists call on Stephen Harper to restore science funding, freedom
- Martin Rouleau, Quebec driver shot by police, 'radicalized': RCMP
- Ebola outbreak: What you need to know now
- Can Fortress North America keep Ebola at bay?
- Peter de Groot's sister says, 'He was executed'
- Indian status: Why Lynn Gehl's court challenge matters
- How libel chill is quashing negative online reviews
- Poles apart? Antarctic sea ice hits record high while the Arctic's keeps melting