Does a pill that prevents the spread of HIV promote unsafe sex? - Feb 20, 2014
Posted: Mar 05, 2014 11:30 AM ET
A Canadian clinic trial is about to start on a drug that could be a game changer in the fight against HIV-AIDS. A pill that could reduce the risk of infection among uninfected people believed to be at risk. But will it discourage the use of condom?
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- U.S. is off to a war that doesn't make sense – again: Neil Macdonald
- Barry Rhodes, former B.C. prison guard on sister’s rapist: 'He would taunt me'
- Scottish referendum polls favour No side, with undecideds in play
- Master Cpl. Denis Demers takes own life 2 weeks after standoff
- What Scotland independence crusader Alex Salmond learned from Quebec
- Marriott hotels prompt guests to tip housekeepers with Envelope Please program
- Rob Ford's health: Update expected today
- Couple bucks out-migration trend to build life in Cape Breton
- Ebola outbreak: Why the U.S. is taking the lead
- Cody Legebokoff sentenced to life on 4 counts of 1st-degree murder