Detroit City broke
Posted: Jul 18, 2014 12:01 AM ET
Detroit was one of the wealthiest places in America.Today, it's the largest city in U.S. history to file for bankruptcy. Helen spoke to CBC Business Reporter Nisha Patel.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Pakistani Taliban attack: Why insurgents killed 132 school children in cold blood
- Anti-marijuana ad's dubious claim a scary hit with parents
- Dalhousie dentistry students to decide together justice for Facebook posts
- Stephen Harper says RCMP training prepared him for Oct. 22 attack
- Jingle Bells Christmas song started as a drinking song written by a 'jerk'
- U.S. torture debate underscores shifting view on personal liberties
- Snow storm closes many schools across New Brunswick
- CFOX host Jeff O'Neil provokes outrage with 'F***, kill or marry' question
- U.S. feds lay murder charges in deadly meningitis outbreak
- Vladimir Putin: Ukraine must remain 1 entity