Detroit City broke
Posted: Jul 18, 2014 12:01 AM ET
Detroit was one of the wealthiest places in America.Today, it's the largest city in U.S. history to file for bankruptcy. Helen spoke to CBC Business Reporter Nisha Patel.
Top News Headlines
- B.C. teachers' strike: Vince Ready walks out of talks
- Ukraine crisis: EU threatens Russia with more sanctions
- Lynden Dorval, fired for giving zeros, 'treated unfairly,' appeal board rules
- Ukraine crisis: Why the U.S. avoids calling Russia's actions an 'invasion'
- Lottery jackpot: Duarte Almeida wins $13M with lucky numbers
- Texas abortion rules unconstitutional, judge rules
- Bolivian bus crash kills 10, injures 24 including some Canadians
- Petawawa standoff ends peacefully as OPP arrest armed man
- ISIS threat: U.S. military launches airstrikes, performs aid drop
- Sunwing Flight 656: 2nd woman charged, Melana Muzikante, released on bail