Detroit City broke
Posted: Jul 18, 2014 12:01 AM ET
Detroit was one of the wealthiest places in America.Today, it's the largest city in U.S. history to file for bankruptcy. Helen spoke to CBC Business Reporter Nisha Patel.
Top News Headlines
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017 crash: No survivors, French president says
- World's biggest aquatic insect claimed by China
- Iceberg collapse proves risks of getting too close: videographer
- Steve Adsley survives after stroke by drinking toilet water for 7 days
- World's 85 richest earn more than 3.5 billion poorest: UN
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017 crash: Canadian family of 4 on board plane
- Vegetarian or flexitarian: How much meat do you really want to give up?
- E-cigarette market on fire while scientists wage heated debate
- Rob Ford: Toronto mayor to host Ford Fest bash tonight
- Hope Blooms no longer in ‘legal grey zone’