Deer Lake school goes solar
Posted: Apr 16, 2014 6:16 PM ET
The community of Deer Lake relies on expensive diesel fuel for most of its electricity needs. But yesterday, the community unveiled a solar project on the roof of the local school. The CBC's Adam Burns was in Deer Lake for the ribbon-cutting.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Downsizing | Losing weight is hard, but it’s my only option
- Liberal polling lead more than a Justin Trudeau honeymoon
- Mike Duffy trial timing seen as problem for Harper, Conservatives
- Parliament's back, but don't expect to see the leaders much
- No arrests yet in deadly shooting near Clinton, Ont.
- B.C. teachers' strike: Tensions flare at Vancouver rally
- Clients feel scammed as alleged lawyer misconduct kept quiet
- Abdul Monir, 31, shot dead just months after arriving in Canada
- Federal cuts force child-care, welfare groups to crowdfund
- Harper government considers soldiers on Viagra a cabinet secret