Creepy crawlers in your food scraps
Posted: Sep 12, 2014 12:01 AM ET
The heat has been sweltering in parts of Vancouver this week, and that warm temperature also brings with it an insidious little pest. Maggots are thriving in the city's food scraps bins. We sent the CBC's Jeremy Allingham to the back alleys to find them.
Top News Headlines
It was a chaotic scene outside a Toronto courthouse after former CBC radio host Jian Ghomeshi made his first court appearance on 5 criminal charges
- Jian Ghomeshi to plead not guilty to sex assault, choking charges
- Grocery stores caught cheating on packaging dates of meat and poultry
- Peter Goldring says he wears video camera to avoid 'besmirchment'
- Woman, months-old baby asked to get off OC Transpo bus
- The Jian Ghomeshi case: What is the 'overcome resistance' charge?
- Onion Lake Cree Nation takes Ottawa to court over transparency law
- Compact fluorescent bulb recycling won't be mandatory, Ottawa says
- Coca-Cola gets into milk business with Fairlife brand
- Whistler rape posters pulled after making bar patrons uncomfortable
- Jurassic World trailer offers surprise preview for fans