Creepy crawlers in your food scraps
Posted: Sep 12, 2014 12:01 AM ET
The heat has been sweltering in parts of Vancouver this week, and that warm temperature also brings with it an insidious little pest. Maggots are thriving in the city's food scraps bins. We sent the CBC's Jeremy Allingham to the back alleys to find them.
Top News Headlines
- ISIS-inspired beheading plot foiled in Australia's biggest counterterrorism raids
- Scotland referendum: Independence forces likely victors, no matter the vote
- Nathan O’Brien murder case: Douglas Garland appearance draws gasps in courtroom
- Alex Hennessy captures own armed holdup on GoPro camera
- Rob Ford's cancer diagnosis: Will the mayoral candidates soften their attacks?
- Scotland independence referendum: If Yes side wins, what happens next?
- Cancer sends shockwaves far beyond the patient: Nikhil Joshi
- Scotland independence referendum: Polls open, with 97% registered to vote
- Fireball over Rockies was Russian spy satellite, experts say
- Artificial sweeteners linked to obesity epidemic, scientists say