ice moving and tons of water that may overflow - Peawanuck Ontario
by DANIEL KOOSTACHIN
May 16, 2013 5:04 PM EDT
Photo was taken on May 7/2013 from Highway 1
by wes Schwabe
May 16, 2013 4:50 PM EDT
Once a fan....always a fan at least thats what Daddy says
by lisa sooley
May 16, 2013 2:19 PM EDT
- 12 young leaders changing Canada in this week's Generation Why by Fabiola Carletti May. 17, 2013 11:30 PM If the number of young entrepreneurs and innovators in Canada is any indication, the generation that came of age alongside the modern web is ready to rethink everything. Meet 12 young people our readers nominated as the most dedicated, impressive, creative and intelligent Canadians under the age of 30 they know.
- U.S. students create 'hate map' of bigoted tweets by John Bowman May. 17, 2013 4:06 PM An interactive map released this week by U.S. geography students shows what regions in America originate the highest number of racist and homophobic posts on Twitter.
- Canadians share memories, photos of Elijah Harper online by Lauren O'Neil May. 17, 2013 3:28 PM Politicians, First Nations leaders, and Canadians from coast to coast are sharing memories of Aboriginal leader Elijah Harper on Twitter and Instagram today in the wake of his death.
- Chat Replay: How common is Angelina Jolie's 'breast cancer gene'? by Community Team May. 16, 2013 8:40 PM This week on CBC Live Online, host Lauren O'Neil chats with our guests about Angelina Jolie's op-ed on her preventive double mastectomy. How common is the gene mutation that Jolie has? Are the procedures she described covered across Canada? Tune in Thursday at 7 p.m. ET to learn more.
- Dutch man says 'Good Morning!' to everyone by Lauren O'Neil May. 16, 2013 5:40 PM Martijn van Osch recently spent three months wishing every single person he passed on his way to work a "good morning" in an attempt to make Holland happier. Now, with "The Good Mornings Project," he's looking to take the trend global.
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Lauren O'Neil, Andrea Bellamare, John Bowman (Not shown: Andrea Lee-Greenberg, on leave)
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.