I found this a walk down by the Bow River in Calgary
by Melissa Serran
Jun 18, 2013 12:23 PM EDT
quiet (sort of), big, resource-full, organized, democratic, diverse, and free*
*offer may not be valid in all parts of Alberta or Quebec
by Inez Kosinski
Jun 17, 2013 10:32 PM EDT
Storm cell that passed over Lake St Clair this evening.
by Damon Winney
Jun 17, 2013 9:55 PM EDT
Love and Best Wishes from Stephen, Sharon Jonathan and Jeffrey AND Sharon (Sis), Trevor, Winston and Courtney and of course "cookie'' and ''bella'' too...
by Sharon Cook-Parrott
Jun 17, 2013 11:24 AM EDT
This picture was taken at Leona Avery's, Lower Woodstock, June 16, 2013
by Lynn Avery
Jun 16, 2013 9:32 PM EDT
- Cake mistake leaves tiny cat on graduate's head by Lauren O'Neil Jun. 18, 2013 8:42 PM Laura Gambrel's graduation cake is going viral thanks to a bakery worker who misheard her mother's request for a "cap" as a "cat."
- Google pledges to rid the web of child pornography by Lauren O'Neil Jun. 18, 2013 5:12 PM If any one company could conceivably stop the sexual exploitation of children online, Google would be a likely contender - but not even the web's most ubiquitous search engine can tackle such a widespread problem without help.
- Are unpaid internships worth your time? by Fabiola Carletti Jun. 18, 2013 3:41 PM This week on CBC Live Online, host Lauren O'Neil will work through the arguments for and against unpaid internships with a panel of special guests. Are these opportunities categorically wrong? Or does it make sense to work for free if it means getting a proverbial foot in the door?
- Gawker seeks Canadian charity for its $185K 'Crackstarter' fund by Community Team Jun. 18, 2013 2:32 PM Gossip news site Gawker is trying to decide what to do with almost $185,000 it crowdsourced to purchase a video allegedly showing Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smoking crack cocaine.
- Readers debate the cost of cheap clothes from Bangladesh by Community Team Jun. 18, 2013 2:30 PM The National has revisited the site of April's collapse of the Rana Plaza garment factory in Bangladesh with two reports from foreign correspondents Susan Ormiston and Margaret Evans. The CBC Community reacted with a lot of emotion to our report and with some soul-searching about the real cost of "fast fashion" and discount clothing.
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.