The person children of all ages wait for.
by Jim Fitzgerald
Dec 11, 2014 11:09 PM EST
Moris Mill Building park and trail is flooding into the Bedford Basin. The walking trail today is a part of the river.
by Lori Ahrens
Dec 11, 2014 7:31 PM EST
The Wekweeti School has decorated the gym for December 10th, 2014 Christmas Concert. They did a mighty fine job. Check out the fireplace they have put...
by Robin Labolin
Dec 11, 2014 6:58 PM EST
During a recent walk to Queens Park in New Westminster, BC Shasta was nice enough to pose at the Christmas display which wrapped up the evening walk with...
by chris parlow
Dec 11, 2014 3:34 PM EST
- Henrietta Edwards' 165th birthday celebrated with Google Doodle by Aleksandra Sagan Dec. 18, 2014 8:58 AM Today's Google Doodle celebrates a famous Canadian woman's 165th birthday - Henrietta Edwards.
- Is Sony setting a dangerous precedent by pulling The Interview? by Alexandra Hunnings Dec. 17, 2014 8:46 PM The Interview is not the first film to mock a living leader of a country. So, what is it about this film that's caused Sony to pull it?
- CNN's #AskACop hashtag backfires spectacularly by Lauren O'Neil Dec. 17, 2014 6:42 PM CNN was promoting the hashtag #AskACop on Twitter for much of Tuesday in an attempt to solicit audience questions for a TV panel of police officers. The hashtag is still trending across the U.S., but this is no social media success story.
- The Interview fallout divides people on theatres' reaction by Community Team Dec. 17, 2014 12:59 PM Seth Rogan and James Franco's new movie The Interview may be released on Dec. 25, but it's unclear if any theatres will actually screen the controversial flick that has a group of hackers targeting Sony Pictures Entertainment. That decision has divided people on whether the reaction is appropriate.
- To expel or not to expel? CBC readers discuss punishment for students allegedly involved in misogynistic comments by Alexandra Hunnings Dec. 16, 2014 9:06 PM Expulsion is one possible punishment for a group of Dalhousie Dental School students who are allegedly involved in offensive comments posted to a Facebook page.
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
CBC Team on Twitter
Your Halloween photos
CBC Community on Twitter
- Pakistani Taliban attack: Why insurgents killed 132 schoolchildren in cold blood
- Suzanne Côté tried to claim $200K in clothing, personal expenses
- Anti-marijuana ad's dubious claim a scary hit with parents
- Stephen Collins, 7th Heaven dad, admits to sexual contact with young girls
- U.S. torture debate underscores shifting view on personal liberties
- Stephen Harper says RCMP training prepared him for Oct. 22 attack
- Jingle Bells Christmas song started as a drinking song written by a 'jerk'
- Dalhousie dentistry students to decide together justice for Facebook posts
- Vladimir Putin says ruble will recover, accuses West of trying to corner Russia
- Sony cancels theatrical release of The Interview after threats