Twitter rallies to get Carl Winslow a blue check mark
A Victoria, B.C. mother is outraged that a company is selling costumes she says overly sexualize children
Messaging platform terrifies its user base with in-app ad for horror film 'Ouija'
Fighting for the facts in the global conversation about Ebola
This haunted house located on Logan Avenue by Withrow Park was an attention grabber during the day and was spooktacuar by night. Halloween isn't just...
by Anita Barber
Oct 20, 2014 7:48 AM EDT
It took us two weeks to decorate all six pumpkins all bought from a small farm on Manning and E.C. Row. Five pumpkins for $20.00 and one bought from Fred...
by Sarah Yared
Oct 19, 2014 11:05 PM EDT
took this picture while out for a drive on Sunday Oct 19th, tree in the blue berry field
by marion duffy
Oct 19, 2014 9:35 PM EDT
- Family Matters fans call on Twitter to verify actor Reginald VelJohnson (Carl Winslow) by Lauren O'Neil Oct. 20, 2014 4:56 PM Key & Peele's Jordan Peele leads the charge to get Family Matters actor Reginald VelJohnson (Carl Winslow) verified on Twitter.
- Snapchat's first 'non-creepy' ads deemed way too creepy by Lauren O'Neil Oct. 20, 2014 2:46 PM Snapchat's promise to provide a "non-creepy" ad experience to its users fell a bit short this weekend when it rolled out its very first advertisement: a trailer for the upcoming horror film Ouija.
- 'Sexy' kids Halloween costumes ignite fierce debate about parental responsibility by Alexandra Hunnings Oct. 20, 2014 2:32 PM A Victoria, B.C. mother is outraged that a company is selling costumes she says overly sexualize children
- Ebola-themed TV series one of many attempts to capitalize on deadly virus by Lauren O'Neil Oct. 17, 2014 6:09 PM As government officials and medical professionals scramble to gear up against the fast-spreading Ebola epidemic, Hollywood heavyweights are prepping themselves for a ratings spike.
- #Ebolafacts LIVE CHAT at 8pm ET, Tuesday, October 21st by Alexandra Hunnings Oct. 17, 2014 3:21 PM CBC News is dedicating a special day of coverage to the Ebola crisis on Tuesday. On radio, television and online, we'll explore the facts behind Ebola and answer questions. Be part of the conversation Tuesday by using #ebolafacts on social media or by joining our live chat on CBCNews.ca starting at 8 p.m. ET.
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
CBC Team on Twitter
Your photos of the northern lights after the solar storm
CBC Community on Twitter
- Soldier struck by Martin Rouleau in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Que., hit and run dies
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to 5 years in jail for girlfriend's death
- Martin Rouleau, Quebec driver shot by police, 'radicalized': RCMP
- Ebola outbreak: What you need to know now
- World's scientists call on Stephen Harper to restore science funding, freedom
- Can Fortress North America keep Ebola at bay?
- Dramatic collision at busy St. John's intersection
- Peter de Groot's sister says, 'He was executed'
- Indian status: Why Lynn Gehl's court challenge matters
- Poles apart? Antarctic sea ice hits record high while the Arctic's keeps melting