I took this photo from Signal Hill July 2014
by John Mathieu
Jul 25, 2014 9:29 AM EDT
I shot this dragonfly during a walk at Ojibway Park last Sunday.
by Silvio Carlini
Jul 24, 2014 8:42 PM EDT
As I was driving home from work at the new downtown Edmonton arena, I saw this funnel cloud over Gibbons at 525pm July 24, 2014.
by Jenn Ford
Jul 24, 2014 7:34 PM EDT
A picture of a beautiful red clay road in West Prince, Prince Edward Island!
by Sherry Reilly
Jul 24, 2014 10:25 AM EDT
- TIME mocked for explainer on the word 'bae' by Lauren O'Neil Jul. 24, 2014 7:48 PM In a July 23 piece entitled "This is what 'bae' means," TIME magazine attempted to teach its readers about a hip new slang word that's become quite popular among those gosh-darned crazy youths.
- Oculus Rift virtual reality stunts a big hit at San Diego Comic-Con by Sachi Wickramasinghe Jul. 24, 2014 5:45 PM Fans get the chance to track X-Men mutants, pilot Pacific Rim Jaegers and scale the Game of Thrones Wall using Oculus Rift virtual reality technology at San Diego Comic-Con.
- B.C. music festival bans aboriginal headdresses by Lakshine Sathiyanathan Jul. 24, 2014 5:15 PM A B.C. outdoor music festival is taking a stern stance on donning aboriginal headdresses at its upcoming four-day event, saying "their spiritual, cultural and aesthetic significance cannot be separated" regardless of their "aesthetic" lure for some festival attendees.
- Paper bill fees 'ridiculous,' CBCNews.ca readers say by Sunnie Huang Jul. 24, 2014 1:27 PM Paper bills prove to be a weighty issue, as Canada's telecommunications regulator announced on Thursday that it is launching a probe into the practice of charging a fee for paper bills in the communications industry. Although a small number of CBCNews.ca readers say the fee is an incentive for customers to reduce their paper usage, the majority of the readers find the practice unfair.
- Queen Elizabeth photobombs selfie at the Commonwealth Games by Lauren O'Neil Jul. 24, 2014 12:33 PM Just weeks after setting the internet alight by paying a visit to the Iron Throne of Westeros, Queen Elizabeth II is once again making the viral rounds by gracing the web with one very royal photobomb.
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
CBC Team on Twitter
Your D-Day anniversary photos and stories
CBC Community on Twitter
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017 crash: No survivors, French president says
- Woman plucks and eats raw bird on Montreal Metro
- Steve Adsley survives stroke by drinking toilet water for 7 days
- World's biggest aquatic insect claimed by China
- Vegetarian or flexitarian: How much meat do you really want to give up?
- Iceberg collapse proves risks of getting too close: videographer
- TransAsia Flight GE222: Taiwan plane crash survivor crawls out, phones dad
- 'Preventing poverty' not a valid goal for tax purposes, CRA tells Oxfam Canada
- Gaza suburbs in rubble as Israeli bombardment continues
- Gaza conflict: Air Canada Flight AC84 lands in Tel Aviv after circling