Is there anything better than a sunset on the Land of the Living Skies?
by Donna-Lee Fancy
Apr 16, 2014 8:55 PM EDT
These balmy spring temperatures convinced me it was time to shed the Long Johns... I felt like Peter Pan when he lost his shadow!
by Marni Gent
Apr 16, 2014 5:09 PM EDT
Dante is a white Beefalo living at the Forestry Farm Zoo. He provides opportunities to tell some First Nations stories.
by Andy Allen
Apr 16, 2014 11:28 AM EDT
A picture of one of the sculpture on the ice in YK
by Don Antoine
Apr 15, 2014 9:50 PM EDT
- Fake child abduction at Washington playground infuriates parents by Lakshine Sathiyanathan Apr. 18, 2014 4:22 PM When a masked man snatched a four-year-old boy perched on a bench at a Sequim, Wash., playground before taking off in a minivan, frantic parents trailed the getaway vehicle -- only to learn it was a hoax. The hoax infuriated onlookers.
- Killing Marshmallow Peeps: An Easter tradition by Lauren O'Neil Apr. 17, 2014 8:37 PM Microwaving Peeps has become somewhat of an unofficial Easter tradition among those with access to the candy (particularly after it goes stale) and thanks to the power of the web, millions around the world have been able to get in on the fun
- 'This is vindication': Métis readers celebrate rights ruling by Devon Goodsell Apr. 17, 2014 5:52 PM Today, Canada's Court of Appeal upheld a ruling that includes Métis as Indians under the Constitution. CBCNews.ca asked our Métis readers to share their stories and tell us what the ruling means to them. Here are some of their responses.
- #ProjectNat: Teen busted after tweeting about underage party by Lauren O'Neil Apr. 17, 2014 4:44 PM A 19-year-old from Salem, Ore., has learned the hard way that if you're going to throw a massive illegal rager in the woods filled with underage teens, booze and whatever else it is the kids are into these days, do not publicize it on Twitter.
- Controversial 'Happy British Muslims' video riffs on Pharrell Williams song by Lauren O'Neil Apr. 17, 2014 3:14 PM In an effort to dispel stereotypes, fight discrimination, and simply spread some good old fashioned joy, a group of "Happy British Muslims" recently collaborated on a fun lip dub video set to the hit Pharrell Williams song Happy.
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
CBC Team on Twitter
P.E.I. Halloween costumes
CBC Community on Twitter
- How one Colorado county is using its marijuana profits
- Ukraine crisis: Easter 'truce' broken after deadly gun attack
- Air Canada to consider firing workers in baggage toss video
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Former U.S. soldier says his friendly-fire shots might have killed Tillman
- Woman dies after dad hits her trying to park near Ottawa hospital
- Want your skin to look 20 to 30 years younger? Try this
- Rehtaeh Parsons suspect accused of threatening girl's father
- South Korea ferry: Death toll climbs as divers start removing bodies
- New Brunswick flood concerns continue