Ice packs and sun on the breakwater in Bauline!
by Rebecca Price
Mar 7, 2014 9:50 AM EST
Just a dusting of snow fell in Stanley Park. When I left my home in Surrey I took a foot of snow off my truck to leave the driveway! How the microclimates...
by Sherry Landon
Mar 6, 2014 7:22 PM EST
Frozen ocean in Portugal Cove, NL
by Valerie Hansen
Mar 6, 2014 4:29 PM EST
Today there was a school bus that caught on fire in front of St. Paul of the Calgary Catholic Board. The bus driver got the kids off the bus. Firefighters...
by Lori Hansen
Mar 5, 2014 3:42 PM EST
- CBC readers discuss older workers staying in the workforce by Community Team Mar. 7, 2014 7:23 PM An analysis piece by Don Pittis looks at how older workers are increasingly waiting for the "revolution" that would see them being an active part of the workforce into their sixties and seventies. Many CBCNews.ca readers were receptive to continuing to work.
- Tyler's Troops ring in birthday of 7-year-old boy battling leukemia by Lakshine Sathiyanathan Mar. 7, 2014 3:53 PM For his seventh birthday, a Rhode Island boy -- battling his second bout of cancer -- wanted wishes from his heroes. Not the kind in capes but men and women in uniform -- first responders.
- Japanese art college's graduation ceremony turns into cosplay convention by Jonathan Ore Mar. 7, 2014 2:09 PM Students at Japan's Kanazawa College of Art take the lack of a dress code for their graduation ceremony very seriously, creating elaborate costumes and turning the event into their final art project.
- Newspaper front pages remixed with top trending stories by Jonathan Ore Mar. 7, 2014 12:21 PM News analysis site NewsWhip created mock-ups of what some of the most well-known newspapers in the world would look like if they were built with the stories that were most popular with readers online.
- HBO targets 'multicultural audience' with Game of Thrones rap album by Lauren O'Neil Mar. 6, 2014 4:45 PM Fantasy-loving hip hop heads are in for a treat this weekend as HBO drops its first ever Game of Thrones-themed rap album, "Catch the Throne."
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
CBC Team on Twitter
P.E.I. Halloween costumes
CBC Community on Twitter
- Malaysia Airlines jet missing, 2 Canadians among 239 on board
- Condom piercer loses Supreme Court appeal
- Tensions ease after Crimean military post standoff, says local PM
- Unemployment: Older workers waiting for the revolution
- Shipbuilding memo shows more delays, cost overruns
- Former Mountie charged with 8 sex assaults against youths
- Reckless speeders perplex Edmonton police
- Ukraine crisis leads to Canada expelling Russian soldiers
- Fireball explodes over Yellowknife
- Vondrae Martin survived drowning before Taylor Creek death