60th anniversary of the People's Republic of China
- September 28, 2009 12:59 PM |
- By Your Voice
As China prepares to mark its 60th year as a communist republic, Canada's multi-faceted Chinese community is divided on the anniversary and its significance.
Are you a Chinese Canadian? What do you think about the marking of this event on October 1st? Share your stories with CBC News.
All News blogs
- G20: Protesters, police, and civil rights
- Riot police surround G20 protesters in Toronto. (Carolyn Kaster/Associated Press)Submitted by Paul ManlyBio: Paul Manly is a filmmaker and community organizer based in Nanaimo, B.C. My story: I started my trip to Toronto at the Peoples Summit, which brought together... Continue reading this post
- G20: A voice from Malawi
- Dorothy Ngoma at Oxfam's Gender Justice Summit. (Allan Lissner/Oxfam Canada)Submitted by Dorothy NgomaDorothy Ngoma is the Executive Director of the National Organisation of Nurses and Midwives of Malawi and a member of the W8, a parallel organization to the... Continue reading this post
- Bangkok protests: A Canadian shares her story
- Thai police walk the streets to clear any remaining anti-government protesters on in Bangkok, Thailand. (Wally Santana/Associated Press) Submitted by Elaine SaulnierBio: Orignally from Montreal, Elaine Saulnier now lives and works in Bangkok, Thailand.My story: I've been here in... Continue reading this post