Your thoughts: Inauguration day
- January 20, 2009 11:06 AM |
- By Your Voice
As people around the world settle in to watch Barack Obama sworn-in as the new U.S. president, thoughts, emotions and observations are spilling in from all corners.
Watch this spot for some of your words for the new president.
Kathleen Boyce: "Tomorrow marks the beginning of an era of hope as well as a commitment of so many Americans to giving of themselves for a common goal of peace, mutual understanding, respect and of course a solution to the world's economic woes. It is comforting to see such a man of integrity and inner strength with a solid purpose to be the best he can be for the common good of all Americans. He is young but his wisdom and insight will carry him through these coming trials he is up against. I see Obama not as the first "black" to win the Presidential office but someone who unites the people of USA. I am not a religious person but will say a prayer tonight for his safety and his family's safety throughout the years to come and trust him to do the very best he can with the talents God has given him."
If you want to add your thoughts, submit your comment below.
All News blogs
- G20: Protesters, police, and civil rights
- Riot police surround G20 protesters in Toronto. (Carolyn Kaster/Associated Press)Submitted by Paul ManlyBio: Paul Manly is a filmmaker and community organizer based in Nanaimo, B.C. My story: I started my trip to Toronto at the Peoples Summit, which brought together... Continue reading this post
- G20: A voice from Malawi
- Dorothy Ngoma at Oxfam's Gender Justice Summit. (Allan Lissner/Oxfam Canada)Submitted by Dorothy NgomaDorothy Ngoma is the Executive Director of the National Organisation of Nurses and Midwives of Malawi and a member of the W8, a parallel organization to the... Continue reading this post
- Bangkok protests: A Canadian shares her story
- Thai police walk the streets to clear any remaining anti-government protesters on in Bangkok, Thailand. (Wally Santana/Associated Press) Submitted by Elaine SaulnierBio: Orignally from Montreal, Elaine Saulnier now lives and works in Bangkok, Thailand.My story: I've been here in... Continue reading this post