The Obamas light up the room at the Youth Ball
- January 22, 2009 12:27 PM |
- By Your Voice
The plethora of inaugural balls in Washington on January 20, were packed with notable names and celebrity faces. But there was one couple that stole the show wherever they went.
Canadian Sarah Turnbull was at the Youth Ball when new U.S. president Barack Obama made his appearance at the ball alongside first lady Michelle Obama.
Check out this amazing video of Obama's crowd-pleasing speech and the couple sharing the first dance.
All News blogs
- G20: Protesters, police, and civil rights
- Riot police surround G20 protesters in Toronto. (Carolyn Kaster/Associated Press)Submitted by Paul ManlyBio: Paul Manly is a filmmaker and community organizer based in Nanaimo, B.C. My story: I started my trip to Toronto at the Peoples Summit, which brought together... Continue reading this post
- G20: A voice from Malawi
- Dorothy Ngoma at Oxfam's Gender Justice Summit. (Allan Lissner/Oxfam Canada)Submitted by Dorothy NgomaDorothy Ngoma is the Executive Director of the National Organisation of Nurses and Midwives of Malawi and a member of the W8, a parallel organization to the... Continue reading this post
- Bangkok protests: A Canadian shares her story
- Thai police walk the streets to clear any remaining anti-government protesters on in Bangkok, Thailand. (Wally Santana/Associated Press) Submitted by Elaine SaulnierBio: Orignally from Montreal, Elaine Saulnier now lives and works in Bangkok, Thailand.My story: I've been here in... Continue reading this post