Celebrating Barack Obama: Greetings from the South Pole
- January 19, 2009 10:47 AM |
- By Your Voice
Submitted by Reinhardt Piuk
Bio/About: I'm a carpenter apprentice with the United States Antarctic Program working at the South Pole. I grew up in Peterborough ON, currently residing (when I'm not at the Pole) in New Hampshire.
Here are some photos of the Obama supporters at Pole, cheering on our soon-to-be new president.
Check back! Watch this blog throughout the inauguration for live updates from Canadians at the inauguration and at home wishing Obama well.
Do you have something to say? Share your photos and stories.
All News blogs
- G20: Protesters, police, and civil rights
- Riot police surround G20 protesters in Toronto. (Carolyn Kaster/Associated Press)Submitted by Paul ManlyBio: Paul Manly is a filmmaker and community organizer based in Nanaimo, B.C. My story: I started my trip to Toronto at the Peoples Summit, which brought together... Continue reading this post
- G20: A voice from Malawi
- Dorothy Ngoma at Oxfam's Gender Justice Summit. (Allan Lissner/Oxfam Canada)Submitted by Dorothy NgomaDorothy Ngoma is the Executive Director of the National Organisation of Nurses and Midwives of Malawi and a member of the W8, a parallel organization to the... Continue reading this post
- Bangkok protests: A Canadian shares her story
- Thai police walk the streets to clear any remaining anti-government protesters on in Bangkok, Thailand. (Wally Santana/Associated Press) Submitted by Elaine SaulnierBio: Orignally from Montreal, Elaine Saulnier now lives and works in Bangkok, Thailand.My story: I've been here in... Continue reading this post