Chris Redlitz and Kenyatta Leal on The Last Mile
Posted: Oct 03, 2014 3:36 PM ET
Kenyatta Leal spent nearly 19 years in San Quentin prison. Along with venture capitalist Chris Redlitz, he's a founding member of The Last Mile, a program that trains prisoners about to be released in paid internships at Silicon Valley tech startups.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Kyle Sinclair, Canadian soldier, dies in Petawawa incident
- Inheritance 'tension': Why more families may be headed for court
- Conservatives' gun bill, C-42, fails to impress gun owners
- Buffalo snow 2014: Flooding feared as weather warms
- Marion Barry, former mayor known for smoking crack, dead at 78
- B.C. pedestrian caught on camera being struck by car raises safety concerns
- Rewilding projects aim to turn back clock on environment
- Rezori: A ghost from Mount Cashel that continues to haunt my desk
- Government, military send mixed messages on Canadians joining Kurds in ISIS fight
- Nepal avalanche: Insurance company won't pay for airlift