Posted: Dec 16, 2013 12:04 AM ET
On Friday, a gunman opened fire in an elementary school in Connecticut. Grief counsellors were immediately called upon to help the families and the survivors. But how do you help a child deal with that kind of trauma? We spoke to Margaret Muzyka of the Windsor CMHA.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to the National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Industrial explosion, fire in Sarnia, Ont., injures 5
- Ottawa shooting: The face-to-face encounter that ended the attack on Parliament
- Montreal Muslim says Ottawa, St-Jean-sur-Richelieu attacks "not in my name"
- Kelowna Airport on standby for possible emergency
- Jaylen Fryberg reportedly targeted cousins in Washington school shooting
- Ottawa shooting: Parliament Hill now open to public
- Attempt begins to recover military plane nearly 74 years after lake crash
- Iran hangs woman for killing alleged rapist
- Ottawa shooting: Zehaf-Bibeau used junk mail as temp licence plate
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo's family: 'He belonged to all of us'