Chaplain cuts in prisons cause concern
Posted: Nov 04, 2013 12:06 AM ET
Close to 50 part-time chaplains are slated to lose their jobs next March when federal cutbacks take effect. We finds out what that could mean from a former inmate now on parole and from the chaplain at the Cowansville medium security prison. Quebec AM's Sarah Rodgers joins us with the feature report.
Top News Headlines
- Christmas weather breaks records in Atlantic Canada
- The Interview gets Canadian online release
- Russian shopping mall lays down U.S. flag doormats
- The Interview screenings popular across the U.S.
- Montreal police officers help woman deliver Christmas baby in car
- Stephen Harper asks Canadians to pray for military fighting ISIS
- Queen Elizabeth calls for harmony in Christmas message
- Christmas Day: What's open in Vancouver?
- Christmas traditions: Why do we celebrate on Dec. 25th?
- Fire crews battle blaze at 2 Yorkville restaurants