Chaplain cuts in prisons cause concern
Posted: Nov 04, 2013 12:06 AM ET
Close to 50 part-time chaplains are slated to lose their jobs next March when federal cutbacks take effect. We finds out what that could mean from a former inmate now on parole and from the chaplain at the Cowansville medium security prison. Quebec AM's Sarah Rodgers joins us with the feature report.
Top News Headlines
- Ottawa shooting: Man arrested near war memorial as Stephen Harper lays wreath
- Halifax police arrest man, recover firearm on city bus
- Ottawa shooting: MPs honour Nathan Cirillo with moment of silence
- Parliament Hill attack: Live updates
- Ottawa shooting: Police rule out 2nd gunman, mother of shooter cries for victims
- Ottawa shooting: A day of chaos leaves soldier, gunman dead
- Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, slain Ottawa shooter, had criminal record in Quebec, B.C.
- Ottawa Parliament shooting: We've known this day was coming
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo: Family, country mourn loss of Hamilton soldier
- Ottawa shooting: 15 minutes of terror in the Conservative caucus room