Results, Ridings and Candidates
Oak Ridges - Markham
|Party||Candidate||Votes||Vote Share (%)||Status|
|Updated: Nov. 7, 2008 5:00 PM EST||364/364 polls|
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.View these results in the interactive map »
Discuss what's on your mind
CBCNews.ca has created 308 blogs — one for each riding in Canada — for Canadians to discuss local races, candidates and issues.
Post your reports on what's happening in your local race, what the hot issues are, what candidates are saying, and what you think will determine the outcome of the race.
(You can also read what readers wrote about during the last federal election campaign in the 2006 election's Riding Talk).
|Party||Elected||Leading||Total||Vote Share (%)|
|Updated: Nov. 7, 2008, 5:00 PM EST|
Choose a format to view results for all ridings and parties:
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.
My Riding & Riding Talk
Get the latest voting results for your riding. Have your say about what's important in your own riding. Read profiles about your candidates, get riding-related information and join the debate.
Ottawa Headlines »
- First responders describe crime scene during Hutt trial video audio
- A paramedic and a police detective testified Tuesday during the trial of Mark Hutt, an Ottawa man charged with first-degree murder after the death of his wife in 2009.
- Pakenham residents upset about proposed firearm facility
- Dozens of residents in rural Pakenham, part of Mississippie Mills, fear a proposed firearm training facility in the community could disturb the peace.
- updated Stabbing victim not expected to live, family says video
- An Ottawa man who was stabbed at his home last week while intervening to protect a friend is not expected to live, his family announced.
- live Senate debates expense audits amid greater scrutiny
- The expenses scandal is dominating the first Senate session since the audits on senators Mike Duffy, Mac Harb and Patrick Brazeau were released and it was revealed Duffy's questionable expenses were repaid by a personal cheque from the prime minister's chief of staff. Follow our live blog.
- Mountie sues 13 ex-colleagues for sex assault, harassment
- An RCMP staff sergeant has filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit against 13 former colleagues in the force's travelling equestrian show the Musical Ride, claiming she was sexually assaulted and harassed in the 1980s.
Toronto Headlines »
- updated Rob Ford faces more calls to address crack allegations video
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford went back to work after a holiday weekend, but he kept his mouth shut about an alleged video that two published reports say shows him smoking what appears to be a crack pipe.
- updated Councillors vote down downtown Toronto casino video
- Toronto councillors have killed the building of a downtown casino, a controversial issue that Mayor Rob Ford had recently suggested was unlikely to go forward as a result of provincial government waffling.
- updated Only 1 set of human remains found at Millard farm, police say
- Hamilton police have confirmed that they are dealing with only a single set of human remains at the Waterloo region farm of Dellen Millard.
- updated 'Very upset' Harper wants fast Senate spending reform video
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper told the Conservative caucus this morning that he's "very upset" about the recent conduct of some senators and his own office, and he wants Senate spending rules tightened quickly.
- Horwath says NDP will support Ontario Liberal budget video
- Ontario NDP Leader Andrea Horwath says her party will support the Liberal budget, avoiding a spring election, after the premier agreed to the NDP's call for an independent financial accountability officer.