Results, Ridings and Candidates
Markham - Unionville
|Party||Candidate||Votes||Vote Share (%)||Status|
|Updated: Nov. 7, 2008 5:00 PM EST||216/216 polls|
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.View these results in the interactive map »
|Candidate||Party||Vote Count||Vote Share||Elected|
|Party||Elected||Leading||Total||Vote Share (%)|
|Updated: Nov. 7, 2008, 5:00 PM EST|
Choose a format to view results for all ridings and parties:
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.
My Riding & Riding Talk
Get the latest voting results for your riding. Have your say about what's important in your own riding. Read profiles about your candidates, get riding-related information and join the debate.
Ottawa Headlines »
- 7-hour Gatineau standoff ends with man in custody video
- One man is now in police custody after a seven-hour standoff at a Gatineau apartment building in the city's Hull sector.
- 1st-degree murder charge laid in Michael Wassill death
- A 20-year-old Ottawa man is once again facing an upgraded murder charge in the death of Michael Wassill, 21, who was stabbed in the neck while his family said he was protecting a friend.
- Friend's favour turns into 2 bad breaks
- A man suffered serious fractures to both legs after he fell seven metres off a roof in Russell, just south of Ottawa, while helping his friend re-shingle the roof.
- updated Minor hockey players reflect on career-ending concussions video
- The 2011-12 hockey season was a devastating one for the Ottawa Sting Major AA peewees, with eight of its 17 players suffering concussions. For some, those injuries marked the end of their hockey playing for good.
- updated Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Actor James Gandolfini, best known for his Emmy-winning portrayal of a conflicted New Jersey mob boss in the acclaimed HBO cable television series The Sopranos, has died while vacationing in Rome, the network said on Wednesday.
Toronto Headlines »
- Mayor Ford sees 'final nail in the coffin' of bag ban video
- Plastic bags appear set to remain a staple of Toronto shopping in the days ahead, as the public works and infrastructure committee voted Wednesday to shelve a report on options the city might pursue to reduce their general use.
- Wearing a mask at a riot is now a crime
- The bill that bans the wearing of masks or disguises during a riot or unlawful assembly became one of Canada's newest laws today.
- Bob Rae quits as MP in 'very emotional' decision video
- Bob Rae, who has represented the Toronto Centre riding for the Liberals since 2008, is stepping down as a Member of Parliament to devote more time to his work as a negotiator for First Nations in Northern Ontario.
- TDSB considers selling properties to fund future repairs video audio
- Toronto District School Board trustees will discuss the selling off of almost a dozen properties to raise the money for its capital budget during a private meeting tonight.
- preview Blue Jays pitch for 2nd straight series sweep
- The Toronto Blue Jays will try Wednesday to sweep their series with the Colorado Rockies and extend their longest winning streak in nearly five years to eight games and counting.